Buy Paxil Online
Showing all 6 results
$691.20 – $2,220.00
$720.00 – $2,370.00
$720.00 – $2,400.00
$740.70 – $2,400.00
$781.20 – $2,475.00
$675.00 – $2,160.00
Paxil medication is widely used by patients suffering from depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), panic disorder, social anxiety disorder (SAD), generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and premenstrual dysphoric disorders (PMDD) to get instant relief. It is difficult to buy Paxil online an antidepressant, classified under the group of drugs called Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs).
Other SSRIs like Citalopram (Celexa), Escitalopram (Lexapro), Fluoxetine (Prozac), and Sertraline (Zoloft) are approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) department. Paroxetine is sometimes used for the treatment of chronic headaches, numbness in the hands and feet caused by diabetes, and certain male sexual problems.
Paroxetine can also be used along with other medications to treat bipolar disorder. Paxil is the trade name used to sell paroxetine medication.
How to use Paxil?
Serotonin, a neurotransmitter enzyme present in our body helps to improve the mood, sleep, appetite, and energy levels of an individual. Any alteration in the level of serotonin secretion can lead to various symptoms of depression, which include:
- Mood swings,
- Suicidal tendencies,
- Loss of appetite and weight,
- Decreased interests,
- Diverted attention and focus, etc.
Paroxetine (SSRI) present in Paxil medicine works by stimulating the secretion of serotonin and regulating it. Paxil decreases unwanted thoughts due to anxiety and panic attacks. Currently, Paxil is available in 3 major forms for the public use :
- Immediate release tablet,
- Controlled release tablet (Paxil CR), and
- Oral suspension
Paxil is also available in different doses depending on its available form.
- 5 mg, 10 mg, 20 mg, 30 mg, and 40 mg variants of Paxil immediate-release tablets,
- 25 mg variant of Paxil controlled-release tablets,
- 10 mg/5 ml of Paxil oral suspension is also available on the market.
Both the immediate-release tablets and controlled-release tablets are used for treating major depressive disorder. Doctors typically prescribe adolescence 20 mg of immediate-release Paxil per day and 10 mg of Paxil per day for the adults seeking better results.
The maximum advised dose for any teen is around 50 mg, whereas for adults it is 40 mg. Similarly, while using controlled-release tablets of Paxil, teenagers are prescribed to take 25 mg per day and 12.5 mg once per day for adults under a doctor’s supervision. No more than 62.5 mg of Paxil CR for teenagers and 50 mg for adults is recommended.
After beginning the treatment using Paxil medicine with a lower dose, doctors can increase the dose by the patient’s conditions. Only a concerned doctor should be allowed to make any changes to the prescription.
Prerequisites for using Paxil :
Before starting the treatment using Paxil, both the doctor and the patient should be clear about certain conditions that may affect the treatment procedure. Paxil being a psychotropic drug has a high tendency to increase suicidal perception in children, adolescents, and adults if not improve their condition from depression. Different patients may react differently using the same antidepressant medication. A few things must be made clear beforehand :
- The doctor should be informed about the allergic behaviors of the patient.
- MAO inhibitors including isocarboxazid, linezolid, phenelzine, rasagiline, selegiline, and tranylcypromine should be prohibited 14 days before using Paxil for treatment.
- The doctor must be notified about the patient’s medical history to ensure a smooth treatment procedure like :
- Having heart disease or high blood pressure
- Or any liver or kidney ailment
- Seizures or epileptic conditions
- Having bipolar disorder (manic depression)
- Being medicated with opioid or stimulant medicines
- Having Parkinson’s disease or Glaucoma
Failing to inform any of these factors can lead to serious conditions like serotonin syndrome.
Side Effects of Using Paxil :
The most commonly observed side effects after using Paxil are :
- Weakness, tiredness,
- Dizziness, drowsiness,
- Loss of appetite,
- Constipation, diarrhea,
- Dry mouth,
- Insomnia, and
Any prolongation of symptoms must be informed to a doctor immediately to seek further advice. Any kind of delay while informing the doctor can lead to further serious side effects like :
- Serotonin syndrome
- Severe allergic reactions
- Seizures or convulsions
- An episode of mania or lunacy
A doctor’s advice is a must while dealing with any such symptoms or side effects.
Drug Interactions :
Using Paxil simultaneously with other medications can adversely affect the treatment of depression. There is a high chance of getting into further worse conditions by using certain medications along with Paxil.
So, it is really important to be aware of such medications. It is recommended not to mix Paxil with the followings :
- Cimetidine (Tagamet),
- Digoxin, St. John’s wort,
- Tamoxifen and theophylline,
- Tryptophan (also called L-tryptophan),
- Warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven),
- Counter HIV or AIDS medications,
- medicines to treat narcolepsy or ADHD that includes amphetamines, atomoxetine, dextroamphetamine, Adderall, Dexedrine, Evekeo, Vyvanse, etc.
- Opioids and narcotic painkillers like fentanyl, tramadol, etc.
- antidepressants or antipsychotics such as buspirone, lithium, etc.
- Migraine or headache medicine including Sumatriptan, Rizatriptan, Zolmitriptan, etc.
- Seizure medicine like Phenobarbital, Phenytoin, etc.
- Alcohol, marijuana, and other opioid narcotics are also included,
- MAO inhibitors should be strictly kept far away from Paxil.
Supply and Storage Precautions :
Currently, Paxil is available in the following forms for public use :
- Paxil 10 mg is a yellow-colored, scored tablet that is engraved on the front with “PAXIL” and on the back with “10”.
- 20 mg is a pink, scored tablet that is engraved on the front with “PAXIL” and on the back with “20”.
- Paxil of 30 mg is a blue-colored tablet that is engraved on the front with “PAXIL” and on the back with “30”.
- 40 mg of Paxil is a green-colored tablet with engraving on the front of “PAXIL” and the back with “40”.
- 10 mg/5 mL orange-colored, orange-flavored suspension with each bottle containing 250 mL of Paxil.
This medication should be kept in a container closed tightly, and out of reach of children. Paxil should be stored at room temperature away from light and moisture. Unused medications should be disposed of in such a way that pets, children, or any other people cannot come in contact with them. However, unused Paxil should not be flushed down the toilet.
Withdrawal, overdose, and addiction to Paxil :
Prolonged use of Paxil leads to a patient with anxiety disorder being habitual. The patient’s body becomes habituated to the use of Paxil and the prescribed dose of Paxil feels to be ineffective. Abrupt withdrawal of Paxil would make the patient feel certain side effects as listed below :
- Mood swing,
- Buzzing or hissing sounds in the ears,
- Sleeplessness, etc
Never try to tamper with the prescription. Any extra charges in the prescription will not favor the treatment. Rather it may lead to a situation of a drug overdose. And the following symptoms are prominent in a Paxil drug overdose case :
- Drowsiness, dizziness,
- Fever, sweating, confusion,
- Seizures, coma,
- Irregular heart rate, severe muscle twitching, and tremors,
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea,
- Agitation, etc
Frequently asked questions :
Is Paxil a good medication for the treatment of anxiety?
Paxil and Prozac are both considered to be good medications to treat anxiety. Both these medicines are antidepressants and SSRIs. But Paxil is often preferred over Prozac as it is approved by the FDA for the treatment of anxiety disorders.
What medicine is better than Paxil for anxiety?
Using Lexapro (escitalopram) compared to Paxil is a better medicine to treat anxiety. Lexapro has a better tolerability profile than Paxil. Few serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs) like Effexor XR (venlafaxine) and Cymbalta (duloxetine) can be used instead of Paxil for better results.
What are the natural alternatives to Paxil?
The best-known natural alternatives that can replace Paxil to treat anxiety are Valerian, Vitamin B6, B12, folate, Omega-3 fatty acids, and 5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan). These substitutes are readily available in various grocery stores and health food stores in the form of capsules or teas.
What is the most calming SSRI?
Sertraline (Zoloft) increases sleep latency and reduces total sleep time, whereas paroxetine (Paxil) is considered the most sedating drug amongst the SSRIs.