Buy Meridia Online
Showing the single result
$499.00 – $809.00
Meridia is the brand name to sell Sibutramine. It is used as an obesity control pill. Sibutramine was developed in 1988. It was sold under many brand names such as Sibutrex, Sirenia, Reductil, and Meridia. Usually, it has been used in the form of hydrochloride monohydrate salt. In 1997 it was introduced in the market. It was withdrawn from the market in the USA in 2010 as it has some serious side effects on the body.
How does Meridia work?
Suppressing appetite is the main work of Meridia. It works in the brain of the patient by suppressing their appetite which leads to obesity which may be related to high cholesterol, high blood pressure, or diabetes. Meridia changes the transmitters in the brain and nerves that make you hungry to consume fat. Only taking this medicine will not affect obesity, so it is taken along with diet and exercise.
Anyone taking Meridia should lose 4 pounds in 4 weeks. If this varies, they should talk to their doctor to change the doses.
How to use it?
Take the medicine in the exact way your doctor has told you to because your doctor knows how much, when, and how many times your body needs it. Also, the doctor must have done some examinations of your body, which means they know the condition of your body so they have prescribed the medicine according to it.
Normally this medicine is taken orally once a day in the morning.
The starting dose of Meridia is 10mg taken once daily. If insufficient weight loss is seen, then the doctor may increase the dose to 15mg. Meridia 5mg is prescribed to those who can’t tolerate the 10mg dose. All these are prescribed while keeping eye on the blood pressure and heart rate of the patient.
Meridia can be taken with or without food. But it’s more effective when taken with food with controlled calories.
Availability of Meridia doses:
- Meridia is available in 3 types, according to its doses. Those are Meridia 5 mg, Meridia 10 mg, Meridia 15 mg.
- Meridia 15 mg is prescribed in some very rare cases.
What happens, When;
When a dose is missed?
As soon as you remember, take the missed dose. But if it is already the time to take the next dose, then skip the missed dose.
It can be life-taking if you have consumed an overdose. In this condition seek emergency medical attention or call the poison helpline. The symptoms of overdose include headache, dizziness, breathing problems, or a fast heart rate.
When Interacted with other medicines?
The interaction of Meridia with certain drugs can lead to some life-risking side effects and can affect the potency of the drug.
The doctor may increase or decrease the doses of your medicine if needed.
What Other drugs to avoid while taking Meridia?
You must tell your doctor if you are taking any of the following medicines ;
- Cold, allergic medicines
- Sedatives, sleeping pill
- Narcotic pain medicine, muscle relaxing pills
- Medicines for seizure, anxiety, or depression
- Any decongestants, other diet pills or cough medicine.
- Tell your doctor if you are consuming any of these;
- Lithium , Lithobid , eskalith
- Ketoconazole, Nizoral, tryptophan, or L-tryptophan;
- An antibiotic such as erythromycin and others
- Migraine headache medicine such as sumatriptan, zolmitriptan
- Narcotic pain medication such as fentanyl, meperidine, and pentazocine.
This is not the only list, there are other medicines also that can have an impact while taking with Meridia. So talk to your doctor before taking any new or other medicine.
Side Effects of Meridia :
There are some serious side effects of taking Meridia and some are common side effects.
The serious side effects of Meridia consumption are;
- Worsening shortness of breath
- Fast or uneven heartbeats
- Fever, tremor, nausea, diarrhea, overactive reflexes, hallucination
- Nose bleeds, bleeding gums
- Severe headache, blurred vision, anxiety, or seizure.
- In these cases stop taking medicine and consult your doctor.
Some common side effects are ;
- Dizziness, dry mouth,
- Insomnia, headache, stomach pain.
- Mild skin rash
- Changes in appetite, constipation
- If these symptoms are seen, talk to your doctor.
Seek emergency medical help if you are getting these signs of an allergic reaction like hives, difficulty breathing, or swelling of the face, lips, or throat.
Precautions Before taking Meridia :
- Anyone having certain conditions now or have had before should avoid taking this medicine. Anyone having severe hypertension, coronary artery disease, eating disorder, history of heart attack or stroke, or if someone is taking stimulant diet pills should not take this medicine.
- If someone is having glaucoma, high blood pressure, liver disease, underactive thyroid, kidney disease, depression, bleeding or blood clotting disorder, a history of gallstones, epilepsy, or seizure disorder, then they may require some adjustment to their doses of Meridia.
- 65 years or older should not take this. Similarly, 16 years or younger should not take Meridia.
- It is not completely known yet if pregnant or breastfeeding women can take this medicine, and whether it will harm their baby or not. So if you are pregnant, going to be pregnant, or nursing your baby you should talk to your doctor about it.
Keep this medicine in a dry, dark place at room temperature of 25 degrees celsius. The medicines should be stored in a tight, light-resistant box. The capsules must be kept away from heat and moisture. Keep children away from it.
Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQ ) :
Can sibutramine cause infertility?
It is seen that sibutramine or Meridia has some detrimental effect on fertility or sperm count. So you need to talk to your doctor if you want to have a baby while taking Meridia.
Why was Meridia discontinued?
Meridia was taken off the USA market in 2010 because it can increase the rate of risk of heart attacks and strokes.
Is Meridia FDA approved?
Meridia was FDA-approved in 1997 for weight loss or maintaining weight loss in patients.
Is Sibutramine legal in the USA?
Sibutramine or Meridia was legally introduced in the USA in 1997, but in 2010 it was banned due to its risk of increasing heart attacks or strokes.
What are the side effects of Meridia?
There are some common side effects of Meridia such as headache, dizziness, insomnia, mild skin rash, etc.