Adderall 12.5 mg table peach is meant for people who commonly encounter focusing problems. A person who suffers from Attention deficiency hyperactivity disorder and narcolepsy may take Adderall 12.5 mg. It belongs to the drug class CNS stimulants. 12.5 mg Adderall is classified as a Schedule 2 controlled substance under the Controlled Substance Act (CSA).
Adderall 12.5 mg tablet is also used for the treatment of a certain sleeping disorder. It may help you stay awake during the day. However, this medication cannot be used to treat tiredness or to hold off sleep in people who do not have a sleep disorder. Adderall 12.5 mg IR (amphetamine) is a federally controlled substance that can be abused or lead to dependence.
How To Identified Different Doses:
Adderall and Adderall XR come two in different forms. These forms are different in dosages, and strengths. However, different doses of Adderall dissolve in the body at different speeds.
Adderall IR Dosage (Typically lasts from 4 to 6 hours):
Adderall comes in regular dosages such as 5 mg, 10 mg, 12.5 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg, and 30 mg.
5 mg: 5 milligram Adderall is a white to off-white, round, flat-faced tablet. Generic for Adderall 5 mg debosses with 5 on one side and the other side dp.
10 mg: Adderall 10 mg IR is a blue, round, biconvex tablet. It debosses 1 | 0 on one side and dp on the other.
12.5 mg: The pill is a peach, round-shaped, flat-faced beveled edge Adderall tablet available. 12.5 mg Adderall debosses with 12.5 on one side and d | p on the other side.
15 mg: Adderall pill identifier 15 mg is peach-colored with oval-shaped. It debosses with 15 on one side and d | p on the other.
20 mg: 20 mg Adderall dosage is available in tablet form with peach-colored and round shape. The tablet debosses with 2 | 0 on one side and the ad on the other side.
30 mg: Adderall 30 mg orange is a flat-faced beveled edge tablet color orange. It is a round shape. It debosses with 3 | 0 on one side and the other ad.
Adderall Extended Release Form (Adderall XR typically lasts 10 to 12 hours):
Adderall XR is the extended-release version of Adderall. It means the pill dissolves slowly and the active ingredients are released in the body throughout the day.
Different dosages of Adderall extended-release are as such 5 mg, 10 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg, and 30 mg.
How To Take Adderall 12.5 mg?
Generally, the Adderall 12.5 dose can be taken one to three times each day. It is more effective for health If it is taken once per day in the morning. Adderall medication comes in instant-release 12.5 mg and can be taken with or without food. However, when you are taking this medication with food may prevent nausea and upset stomach.
If someone takes it late in the day, it can boost energy enough to cause insomnia. Whereas a person who does not have ADHD takes a 12.5 mg dose or takes too much, it can increase the brain’s dopamine causing euphoria a high.
Only the doctor advises you to take this medication, after consuming it you will know it’s started to work when your concentration improves.
How Does Adderall 12.5 mg Work On The Body?
Like other central nervous system stimulants, Adderall oral tablet 12.5 mg may affect neurotransmitters i.e. dopamine and norepinephrine. Adderall 12.5 mg can cause an extensive range of different feelings and sensations, both positive and negative.
Adderall 12.5 mg works on the brain and the body:
- This medication makes the patient feel more awake and focused on the work while remaining calm.
- Adderall 12.5 mg can also provide energy and confidence in some people
- It also gives feelings of euphoria.
- Generic Adderall 12.5 mg can affect the body increase heart rate constrict blood vessels increase the amount of released glucose into the system and decrease appetite.
Every patient’s body is different from each other and body chemistry is different, so the doctor or healthcare provider may need to adjust the dose over time.
You Should Know Before Taking Adderall 12.5 mg:
Before taking 12.5 mg amphetamine/dextroamphetamine, you should tell your doctor if you have any issues before.
You should know before taking Adderall 12.5 mg such as follows:
- Raynaud’s disease i.e blood circulation problems
- A history of mental disorders(bipolar disorder, depression, psychotic disorder, suicidal thoughts)
- Certain mental or mood conditions (severe agitation, psychosis)
- History of stroke (irregular heartbeat or rhythm, family history of heart problems, coronary artery disease, heart failure, cardiomyopathy)
- Overactive thyroid
- High blood pressure
- Eye problem or glaucoma
- Alcohol or drug addiction
- Uncontrolled muscle movements
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
Any doses of Adderall may make you dizzy. So you should avoid consuming alcohol while using this drug.
Sometimes Adderall 12.5 mg can cause both mild and severe side effects.
The common side effects may include:
- Cardiovascular: It includes palpitations, tachycardia, the elevation of blood pressure, sudden death, and myocardial infarction.
- Central Nervous System: The recommended dose for psychotic-like overstimulation, restlessness, irritability, euphoria, dyskinesia, dysphoria, depression, tremors, tics, aggression, anger, and logorrhea.
- Eye Disorders: Blurred vision
- Gastrointestinal: Diarrhea, constipation, intestinal ischemia, other gastrointestinal disturbances, dryness of the mouth, unpleasant taste. Some times. Sometimes anorexia and weight loss may occur which is an undesirable effect.
- Allergic: Rash, hypersensitivity reactions including angioedema and anaphylaxis, urticaria. Serious skin rashes(Stevens-Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis).
- Endocrine: Impotence in the male, frequent or prolonged erections, and changes in libido.
- Skin: Alopecia, Musculoskeletal
Most of the side effects may disappear in a few days or weeks but if it does not go away talk to your doctor.
What Drugs Can Interact With Adderall 12.5 mg?
You may ask your doctor whether you take a different medication with Adderall 12.5 mg or not. If you take different medications for different diseases it may be dangerous for you.
It interacts with several other drugs such as:
- Antidepressant medications: Xanax, Ativan, Valium, Klonopin, Lorazepam, Prozac, Paxil, Celexa, or Lexapro, diazepam, lorazepam.
- Pain relief medications: Oxycodone, Roxicodone, Oxycontin, Hydrocodone, Tramadol, Opana ER, Dilaudid, Gabapentin, Norco, Methadone, Vicodin, Percocet, Lortab, Codeine, or Soma.
- Sleeping pills: Ambien, Lunesta, Restoril, Halcion, Sonata, Rozerem.
- Anticonvulsants: Phenytoin, Phenobarbital, or Primidone.
- Antipsychotics: Butyrophenones, Phenothiazines, or Thioxanthenes.
- HIV medications: Fosamprenavir, Ritonavir.
Without consulting a doctor, you should never take any of these medicines with Adderall 12.5 mg.
When people take it without a prescription they have some symptoms of Abuse.
Common Signs of Adderall 12.5 mg Abuse Include:
- If anyone needs larger doses to feel the drug’s effects.
- Without any knowledge, if you take Adderall 12.5 mg it may cause harm.
- If you spend a lot of time and money to get the drug easily.
- Without the drug, it is feeling lazy.
- If you want to stop using it but can not do so.
- Neglect any other activities in favor of using the doses of Adderall.
- Without any dose of Adderall, you can not finish any work.
In case of these symptoms found in the patient, immediately go to the doctor for a check-up.
Do not store any medication in wet places such as in a bathroom cabinet. How to store Adderall 12.5 mg is a crucial question but you may store it in such a place that the quality and quantity will remain the same for further use.
- Keep prescribed medication in a locked box and a secure place.
- Store Adderall 12.5 mg at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F) which is Room Temperature.
- You can store it in a tight, light-resistant container where your child and pet can not reach it.